Owning a guard dog is essential if you want to keep your home, business or family safe from unwelcome guests. From the German Shepherd to the Doberman Pinscher, there are many excellent guard dogs to choose between. Here is a list of five of the top guard dogs to own.
|German Shepherd Protection Training Dog|
1. German Shepherd. Originating from Germany, the German Shepherd is one of the best, if not the best guard dog. The German Shepherd is intelligent, loyal and at times over-protective. Not only are German Shepherds loyal to their owner(s), but they’re also very friendly towards children. Along with being a great guard dog, the German Shepherd is also an awesome search and rescue dog. Owning a German Shepherd is a must if you’re looking for a family-friendly, guard dog.
|Rottweiler Guard Dog|
2. Rottweiler. Known for their great strength and stature, the Rottweiler is an excellent guard dog. In days past, the Rottweiler was used for hunting and herding. In modern days, the Rottweiler serves as a police dog, a search and rescue dog and as a guard dog. A Rottweiler can weigh up to 100 pounds, making it the perfect candidate for guarding your home, business or family. A common misconception about the Rottweiler is that it’s aggressive towards children, yet as a matter of fact the Rottweiler usually behaves very well around children.
3. Doberman Pinscher. The Doberman Pinscher has a very unique, one of a kind build. This breed of dog boasts a square frame and a short coat. The Doberman Pinscher is the perfect candidate for a guard dog, as it features a ferocious look and bite. While the Doberman Pinscher is a great guard dog, be aware that they can be harmful or aggressive towards small children.
|The Pit Bull is another top guard dog|
4. Pit Bull. The ferocious Pit Bull is another excellent guard dog. In the olden days, Pit Bulls were bred to be fighting dogs. The Pit Bull can be a very aggressive dog, therefore it makes the perfect guard dog. Along with featuring an aggressive attitude towards strangers, the Pit Bull also boasts a ferocious appearance and bite, key traits that help keep strangers at bay. While the Pit Bull is indeed an excellent guard dog, be aware that they can be very, very aggressive towards children.
5. Mutt. The Mutt, also known as a mixed-breed dog or mongrel, is another great guard dog. Most Mutts are very friendly and loyal to their owners and are usually very aggressive towards strangers. Mutts also usually live longer than pure-bred dogs, making them the perfect family guard dog. Getting a mixed dog or Mutt is an excellent idea if you’re looking for the perfect guard dog for your family.
Don’t for get to order your Dog Supplements for your dogs health, muscle, and nutrition.